All the children attending care at the Hive are central to our philosophy, and every child that walks through our doors is important to us.
At the Hive, our philosophy is built around the concept that all the children under our care receive the best level of care and learning possible and which is provided in a warm, loving, nurturing and safe environment.
We work hard to create an environment, where the minute you step inside one of our Hive centres, you and your child will feel a sense of belonging and feel a part of a welcoming community.
Our aim is to build long lasting and genuine relationship and partnerships with families.
Our philosophy and our curriculum have been heavily influenced by the Reggio Emilia approach of early learning. This approach is a very ‘child friendly’ way of educating children, allowing them to just ‘be’ children and to enjoy their world surrounding them while also providing age appropriate educational programs that assist in learning and the development of the whole child. Our focus remains on positive physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth. Learning through play is an integral part of our educational and learning approach.
Our mission is to ensure our children will:
- feel a sense of belonging
- receive the best possible care
- learn and grow in a safe, fun and loving environment
- learn to respect diversity and interact with children from other cultures and backgrounds
- learn to build social connections
- have a fundamental understanding of the world around him/her
- feel comfortable in the transition between early years care and primary school.